Blown-In Attic Insulation
An energy performance roof product to help optimize your roofing system
Attic insulation is key when evaluating the energy efficiency of a home. Proper insulation helps your home maintain a comfortable uniform temperature throughout the year (10-14 inches is the recommended level). Heat flows naturally from a warm place to a cooler place, while in the winter, heated air will flow to a garage, basement or attic. In warm months, heat will try to flow from the outdoors into the cool interior of the home.
- Up to 40% of a home’s conditioned air escapes through the attic.
- Heating and cooling systems consume 50% to 70% of the energy used in the average home. Adding insulation can help lower heating and cooling energy bills by up to 20%.
- Can act as a sound absorber to help make your home quieter.
- Helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Increased insulation increases the R-value in your home. R-value rating refers to the insulations thermal resistance-its ability to resist heat. The higher the R-value the greater the insulating effectiveness. In a well insulated home, rooms stay warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer with less energy expenditure (As of July 1, 2014, California’s Energy Efficiency Standard, Title 24, Part 6, will require a minimum R-38(13.00”) of insulation in your ceiling for the Sacramento area.
- Blown-In PINK FIBERGLAS™ is mold-resistant, non-corrosive and does not absorb moisture. Tiny air pockets are created and trapped in the insulation to resist the passage of heat flow-heat loss in winter and heat gain in summer.
Cal-Vintage Roofing is proud to promote green roofing and building products that further our education and support the environment with safe and earth friendly products. Our sales consultants can design a “Cool Roof Package” that fits your budget and makes your home more comfortable and energy efficient!