Choosing A Roofing Contractor
No single home improvement project has such a significant impact on your home as installing a new roof. Before you make such an important investment, make sure you choose the right contractor. The following guidelines will help you select a professional:
- Check for a permanent place of business, telephone number, tax identification number and where applicable, a business license.
We have been at the same location since our doors opened and have all the credentials necessary to operate a business. Along with our office, we also have a Roofing Design Center/Showroom for you to view all of our roofing products and accessories.
- Is the company a licensed/bonded contractor?
We have a current C-39 Roofing Contractor’s License and a B-General Building Contractor’s License and we are bonded. Our license number is 826725.
- Is the contractor a credentialed roofing contractor?
Several roofing manufacturers offer a variety of programs to the professional contractor that establishes their credentials as a knowledgeable roofing company. Homeowners can view these credentials as another indicator of the contractor’s degree of knowledge, professionalism, and dedication to the roofing trade. Cal-Vintage Roofing is certified with the leading roofing manufacturers.
- Select a contractor that has both Workers Compensation Insurance and General Liability Insurance. Make sure the coverage’s are in effect through the duration of the job.
Cal-Vintage is a fully insured contracting company. We carry General Liability (2 million per occurrence)Insurance which protects a property owner from damage caused to the property or injury to the property owner, residents, tenants or guests and Workers Compensation Insurance which protects the property owner from being liable in the event that the contractor or one of its employees is injured while working at the premises. We always provide evidence of insurance to every one of our clients.
- Insist on a detailed, written proposal and examine it for complete descriptions of the work and specifications, including approximate starting and completion dates and payment procedures.
All of our clients receive a detailed, written proposal and agreement with specifications, outlining their entire roofing project from start to finish. The proposal is broken down into separate line items and explained in detail by the estimator. Included in the agreement is: all materials to be used, manufacturers name, color, size, payment schedule and all warranties and guarantees. The specifications and the proposal are accompanied by a set of digital photos taken by our state of the art technical department. Using these tools allows precise cost estimating and thorough project planning.
- It is absolutely essential to obtain a workmanship warranty from your contractor. This is the warranty that ensures that your roof will perform satisfactorily and your insurance against leaks. The manufacturers warranty will insure against material defects.
Unlike most contractor’s who only provide a 5-year workmanship warranty, Cal-Vintage Roofing provides a 10 year workmanship warranty(Rooftop and Interior). on all reroof installations and we can offer extended manufacturer workmanship warranties due to our certifications with the leading roofing manufacturers. Why 10 years…..because of the roof systems we install!
- Look for a company with a proven track record that offers client references and a list of completed projects. Plan to visit at least three projects to view the type and quality of work the contractor performs.
Cal-Vintage Roofing always provides a list of references to every client and you are invited to drive by and view the roof systems we have installed.
- See that your contractor is certified and highly skilled in the products and services that they are contracting with you.
Cal-Vintage Roofing is certified by the major roofing material manufacturers and its sales staff is knowledgeable and highly trained in the products that they furnish.
- Make certain that your contractor has obtained a building permit from your area building department prior to the start of any work being performed.
Cal-Vintage Roofing obtains a permit prior to the start of every roofing installation.
- Check to see if the contractor is a member of any regional or national industry associations. Being a member of industry associations demonstrates a commitment to professionalism.
We are members of the following associations: National Roofing Contractor’s Association, Better Business Bureau, Roofing Contractors Association of California, Associated Roofing Contractors of Northern California, National Association of Remodeling Industry.
- Never pay a contractor more than 10% or $1,000.00 (whichever is less) of the contract up front, prior to start of the roofing project.
We adhere to this policy when receiving deposits on reroof installations.
Remember. Price is only one of the criteria for selecting a roofing contractor Professionalism, experience and quality workmanship also should be considered when making your decision.
Sacramento ◾ Folsom ◾ Granite Bay ◾ Roseville ◾ Elk Grove ◾ Davis ◾ Rocklin ◾ Auburn ◾ Citrus Heights ◾ El Dorado Hills
Cal-Vintage Roofing Co Inc
11257 Coloma Rd. Suite A-3
Gold River, CA 95670
CA License #826725, C39/B
Connect With Us!